Crunchy. Tart. Juicy. You asked for it, and now we’ve got it. This traditional favorite is like a slice of summer. It’s one of the most beloved side dishes in the South. Our batter mix is made with a perfect blend of corn meal, flour and just the right spices. And it’s this special combination that sets our recipe apart from all the others. In a matter of minutes, you can make delicious fried green tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and even pickles with this no-fail recipe. Enjoy this special treat with Basil Mayo Dip or simply eat them plain.
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe:
Prepare Deep Fryer using vegetable oil and preheat to 375-degrees. Or use a cast iron or electric skillet with a ½ inch of oil in the pan.
- Slice 5 green tomatoes into 1/3-inch pieces
- Cover tomatoes in “flour mixture”
- Dip in buttermilk (about 2 cups)
- Dust with “cornmeal mixture” until dry (to keep from sticking together)
- Place tomatoes into pre-heated oil one at a time
- Cook until golden brown
- Lay on paper towel over cooling rack
Basil Mayo Dip Recipe:
Put one-cup mayonnaise, two cups basil leaves, two tablespoons fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Serve with a cool glass of ice tea.